On September 11, 2001, Islamic terrorists, 19 well educated young men – Saudi, Egyptian, and Yemeni nationals – hijacked four airliners (American Airlines Flight 11 and United Flight 175 from Boston’s Logan airport, American Airlines Flight 77 from Dulles airport and United Airlines Flight 93 from Newark Airport). With captive passengers aboard, they flew into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in Manhattan and the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia. Brave actions of the 40 passengers and crew aboard Flight 93 led to the first counter-attack within thirty minutes of the sky-jacking. The Flight 93 heroes overcame the Islamic terrorists diverting the aircraft from its ultimate target the Capital building in Washington, crashing into a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania instead.
Sunday September 11, 2016 will be the 15th anniversary of the Al Qaeda suicide sky-jackings at the fateful twin towers in Lower Manhattan, the Pentagon in Northern Virgina and the diverted crash in Pennsylvania that took the innocent lives of nearly 3,000 Americans and others. Among them heroes from the storied ranks of New York’s Finest and Bravest.
What a number of us called the Pearl Harbor of the 21st Century was perpetrated by Sunni extremist Jihadists facilitated in part by the Shiite Islamic Republic of Iran and its proxy Hezbollah. The 2016 commemoration comes at a time when there is rising concern over global Islamic terrorism in America with the largest toll of innocent victims perpetrated by Jihadist US citizens and immigrants in several massacres in Chattanooga, San Bernardino and Orlando. With over $1 trillion in taxpayer funding spent to create new homeland security and transportation safety agencies, establish counterterrorism intelligence sharing among domestic and international groups, and FBI tracking over 1000 cases of ISIS sympathizers.
The question still remains, “Do you think we are safer after 9/11?”
That is the question that is posed to you in the hopes of receiving a brief response. Many of you who we are contacting have been interviewed for the New English Review or been guests on The Lisa Benson Show. Among those to whom we are issuing this call are:
- Presidential candidate national security advisors;
- Former Flag and Senior USA and UK officers;
- Noted former intelligence and, counterterrorism agency heads;
- independent experts, bestselling authors and commentators; and,
- Survivors, relatives of victims and eyewitnesses, myself included;
We would appreciate your brief responses by no later than the close of business, Friday, September 9, 2016 for inclusion in a special article to be published by the NatSecDailyBrief and New English Review on 9/11. Selected submissions will also be read on a special 9/11 commemoration program of The Lisa Benson Show on Salem Media Broadcasting, affiliate KKNT960The Patriot at 4PM EDT. You may respond by email to: email@example.com. Co-hosts, Lisa Benson and Jerry Gordon will have as retuning guests:
- Michael Welner, noted forensic psychiatrist founder of the Manhattan-based The Forensic Panel, ABC and CNN commentator;
- Phillip Haney, DHS whistleblower and bestselling author of See Something; Say Nothing: A Homeland Security Officer Exposes the Government’s Submission to Jihad; and,
- Dr. M. Zhudi Jasser, founder and President, American Islamic Forum for Democracy, co-founder of the Muslim Reform Movement, Fox News
Thank you for your cooperation and interest in this 15th anniversary commemoration of 9/11.